There are very little supports available through official channels in this country for families coping with childhood cancer. Hand in Hand has a minimum fundraising target of €150,000 each year to meet in order to continue providing practical supports to families whose lives have been changed by a child’s cancer diagnosis.
Our corporate and business sponsors can make a real impact on our bottom line. If corporate social responsibility is top of your agenda you can:
Your company’s contribution will make a real difference to the quality of life experienced by children who have been diagnosed with cancer and their families.
We provide support to families who face frequent long-distance day trips to Dublin for treatment as well as longer stays in their regional hospitals or centres of excellence in Dublin.
We engage with professional service suppliers such as Garda vetted and trained carers, professional cleaning services, local laundrettes, cafes and restaurants to provide practical supports to these families.
What these mean for participating families:
- less stress, worry and emotional trauma
- extra precious time to spend with their children
- peace of mind that their other children are well looked after
- being able to have one parent/guardian carry on working throughout the treatment
- the opportunity to take a ‘well-earned break’ once in a while